Scholarship Applications for the Fourth Annual Wine Bloggers Conference in Charlottesville, Virginia on June 22-24 2011 will be accepted starting JANUARY 1st, 2011.
The deadline to apply is June 1, 2011 (subject to change). This allows everyone to make travel arrangements. However, I encourage you NOT to delay in registering for the Wine Bloggers Conference itself, as it may sell out before the deadline. If you are planning on attending even without Scholarship assistance, please register yourself and submit a request for reimbursement if you are awarded a scholarship.
I‘m so happy you are interested in applying for a Bloggership!
In order to submit your application for consideration, please send us the following information to wbcscholarship at gmail dot com for committee review.
- Full Name
- Contact information including email and phone number
- Blog address and what you’re all about
- Requested funds – please be specific, and indicate if you need the registration fee, full or partial hotel, full or partial airfare. Remember, that times are tough and a lot of people need assistance, so please be honest and realistic about your requirements.
- In 250 words or less, please tell us why you would like to attend the WBC and why we should consider your application.
Thanks and good luck!
Please note: Any scholarship funds that are awarded to you can be considered income, so you should check with your tax advisor next April!
Additionally, funds will be distributed in the following manner if and only if you are granted the following categories of funding:
- Wine Blogger Conference Registration will be made on your behalf, with the provision that proof of an active blog can be provided.
- Hotel accommodation at the host hotel, the Omni Hotel in downtown Charlottesville in a shared, same sex room. The Omni is WBC Central, and has a blogger posted rate of $169 per night. In the event these rooms are sold out, the Scholarship Committee will identify an alternate hotel within walking distance to the Omni.
- If you are requesting airfare or transportation assistance, only the lowest scheduled rate from the major metro airport nearest you to Dulles/Washington, Washington/National, Richmond Virginia, or Charlottesville Albemarle airport. The LOWEST PUBLISHED FARE to any of these transportation hubs will be accommodated for. If you require transportation from any of these airports, please consult the ride share boards and other transportation methods. If the airfare directly to Charlottesville is similar or less than the published airfare to the major metro areas of Richmond, Norfolk or Washington, D.C., that may be substituted.
- You will be required to show proof of attendance in the form of your name badge during or after the conference, and submit any applicable receipts to be eligible for reimbursement; please note this is only applicable if you have been awarded a transportation grant before the conference.
Good luck, and start thinking about how you feel that you have contributed to the blogging world, and why we should award you a grant!